Thursday, September 30, 2010

Advertisement Analysis


My name is Kadence, and the other day I was flipping through a magazine. I saw a recent Got Milk? ad featuring Taylor Swift and it encourages teenagers to choose milk over soft drinks. Taylor Swift is a popular country artist and she is spokesperson for bodybymilk.com in an attempt to appeal to teens. I personally am a fan of Taylor Swift and love her music. Pictured with a milk mustache and looking strong, Swift proposes “Drink milk and you will be healthy and happy”. She suggests a healthy, active lifestyle and for teens to stop drinking soft drinks. Knowing the benefits of milk, I drink my three glasses a day. However, Swift also uses fame to her advantage because teenagers will most likely listen to her. The creators of this ad also convey the message “Drink milk and you will be pretty and well-liked like Taylor Swift”. The advertisement shows her looking pretty with her guitar, and her celebrity status is very appealing to teens. The fact that Taylor Swift is a very relatable human being through her music adds to her effect on the ad. Now I saw this ad and along with seeing good advice for teenagers, I saw milk companies all over the country trying to sell a product. The more the reader becomes inclined to drink milk, the more milk sales go up. Although I must admit that before I saw this ad I was about to grab a Coke, and now I am sipping a glass of milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment